Sunday, July 06, 2014

A Pre Ramadhan Story


(I am seriously backdated in this space!)


We were at the place called Berkat Madinah recently looking for Ramadhan stuff. Kata Aida, Chef Ammar cari barang2 dapur di situ.

Alang2 kami di ayam penyet Wong Solo Ampang (seriously sedap; of course la masa tu belum Ramadhan kan) lalu terus ke kedai Arab ni. The shop was small-ish; compared to the Suria place in Jalan TAR / Chowkit.


Kami mencari kurma medjoul sebenarnya, lalu terjumpa sesuatu yang tak pernah jumpa di Malaysia...

Kepala kambing! Lalu teringat baked kepala kambing di US dulu (masa makan ternampak yang masih ada rumput di celah gigi kambing!! Eeewwww..) Hubs said, I might buy the kepala kambing of these days (and I went like, NOOOOOO..)


And found a recipe book that I just had to buy (and yeay, we have new recipes to try! I like the baked lamb leg..)

ps - yes, we checked the Jericho medjoul dates we bought is not from Israel (I looked up again the article on the dates but it is no longer there. I was going to share that..)




~ xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment