Saturday, February 01, 2014

Have a Happy Long Weekend

And without realising it, it is already February!

Dan KPI 2014 masih lagi hancur.

How's your CNY long weekend? I have relocated Eirfan's study table and sort of upgraded the boys' room. We were in Ikea the other day. Eirfan now has a corner of the room to himself away from the abangs yang tak siap2 main game. And which prove to be such a distraction.

I promise I will try the new ice cream machine yesterday but it was the 31st and now we have a gallon of BaskinRobbins in the freezer (there goes my home made ice cream this weekend). I have a new toll house cookies recipe to try (hoping it would turn out with gooey madness). I also am going to try the kueh bakar recipe that I got from Norra - years ago, let me add. Orang lain buat semua sedap guna resipi tu, saya je buat tak jadi.. And we will have a bbq tomorrow!

I read Jamie's cookbook yesterday, looking for inspiration for my weekly menu. The only recipes that attract my attention were the crispy baked chicken with stuffed couscous. The opened asparagus with boiled egg sandwich (the yolk was oozing on the bread). Crispy fries. I skipped the sweet part although they looked delish. I was working on the main menu anyway. Hari ni nak tengok Barefoot Contessa pulak ada apa2 resipi baru yang I can add to my repertoire.

I oft ask myself, what's your signature dish? (I will uh, uhm and got no answer for that. For years it has been lasagna. And for many more years to come too, I reckon). What about you? (Pergi ke kedai dan beli apa yang sedap was my sister's response). So I am working on a better answer for this q. Dah 40 tahun masak tapi masih terkial2 lagi di dapur!

Have a good weekend whatever your plans are.


~ xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment