Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy Days


So after a 5-day break, Monday will be here again tomorrow. And I thought yeay, bring it on. It has been a very fruitful, calm and quiet long weekend.

We had a girls' day out and visited Jakel which has a sale till end of the month. Apparently they are moving out to their multi-storey "the biggest fabric mall in the world" along Jalan Munshi Abdullah. We were late; and Ilyas texted Zuf, bila nak balik? Kata Zuf, with a gleeful laugh, saya ada lesen besar harini sebab kluar dengan mama.. and we bought lots of stuff; including some fabrics especially for arbaya.

I made a pair of cute bantal for Sara (kata Iman Sara's name ended with an h. But for some reason I prefer it without) which took me ages! Sebab tak cekap kan.. But I thought they turned out sweet; pastel colors with frilly shams and lace edges - fit for a girl.

And I did this too for my kurung.
Although I got only one of the sleeves done so far. This is hard work; no joking. And it gave me bad shoulders because I was hunching over the kurung and an eye sore due to the small-ness of the beads (and the threading was rather a nightmare also).

I also put this on the selendang.
This is also work in progress. I am thinking I should put more daisies along the edge. This is too tiny on its own on the selendang. I am calling this Mid-night Daisies (tiba2 plak ada nama..) I also cut up some fabrics for selendangs. Turned out I was super-creative this week apparently.

Nevertheless I wasnt too involved in the kitchen. I was a minimalist there (if I can call it that). Everything was ultra-simple. Meehoon goreng, kuayteow, nasi bungkus and mamak take-aways.

And this was breakfast; toast with butter and jam.
There's a story with the jam (as usual there is always a story to go with everything) - I bought this particular strawberry jam because it is made in Scotland. It is called Mrs Bridges. Given that I love anything Scottish, I took this home. You'll never guess what I said when I first tasted it.. I said, sedapnye jam  ni - macam jam strawberry Cameron Highlands! haha. Jadi kalau ada sesiapa yang sampai ke Cameron Highlands, do get me a couple bottles of the locally made jem strawberi yang dijual di pejabat FAMA.

And I love the plate too; it reminds me of some exotic Moroccan wares. I got that at Parkson's the other day (they do carry some interesting stuff).

And I also did some reading; and found heart-wrenching riwayats of sahabat bersama Rasulullah saw. The book is called Ar-Raheequl Makhtum; translated as The Sealed Nectar. Buku sirah Rasulullah. Ustaz Anzar shared the title; on line pun ada kata ustaz . Tapi saya lebih gemar memegang buku instead of the iPad. Kata ustaz this is one of the best buku sirah yang ada. I bought this when we were last in Madinah; at the book store in front of Masjid Nabi. I was surprised when my sister said she finished the book in 1998! (speechless in fact..) Nevertheless, I'll share some of what I read with you next time.

Have a productive week ahead, darlings!




~ xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment